Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Alignment Problems with AZ Goto Mount

valleyman

Just received a new AZ goto 127 Mak and am having problems aligning using both 2 star and Bright Star.

Been using this system for 5 years now and seem to remember some posts on here before about this problem

Ok First before I get all the normal advice about Power supply, date Location etc That is all correct.

Battery ..... 100AMP Leisure battery, full charged.

Date .........mm/dd/yyyy

Location......51.03 N and 003.47 W

Daylight Saving......correct.

So what is the problem.

Start to do a 2 star/ Brightstar alignment having put the mount facing North and telescope at 0 degrees.

Goto the first alignment star and centre it.

The scope then automatically goes to the 2nd Star. Except it goes no where near it. Mostly correct for AZ but miles out on ALT( always to high)

Then after aligning that star, hand set says Alignment correct, wait a few seconds and the ALT motor kicks in again and starts to elevate until the Telescope hits the mount base.

Have updated the handset to the latest Version and still have the problem.

Pat

When you say: 51.03 N and 003.47 W

Are you entering the 51.03 N bit second and the 003.47 W first?

One of these mounts you enter Longitude the Latitude.

What timezone is specified ?

Also Newport is 51.59N and 003.0W

The values you gave is the South East edge of Exmoor, pretty close to JamesF as it happens.

Additionally what does Daylight Savings  --- Correct mean?

Daylight savings at present is No or Off, we are running presently to GMT not BST.

Thanks for the reply Ronin,

All the info I have given is correct just wrote the location down wrong. 51.47N 003.07 W(that is whats on the handset)

daylight Saving is correct NO.

Time zone is Zero.

None of these settings will account for the scope  even if out a little with the info to start elevating in ALT. as described.

Like I said, I have been using GOTO handsets for 5 years so am not unfamiliar with what the settings should be

Pat

Archived