Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Registax 6 - Not using all CPU power available

Selborne

Hi Anybody understand why Registax 6 is not using all the processing power available on my computer, I have an Intel Sandybridge i7 processor clocked at 4.5Ghz, when running Registax 6 aligning or stacking it only uses 5-6% of the available power ??, in most cases just 10-20% of 2 or 3 cores.  I have the CPU count set to 8 in the software, I have the priority set to high in the task manager and the Affinity is set for all 8 cores, but no luck.  Other programmes including scientific ones use all 8 cores and max the processor to 100%, so I know it is not a hardware issue.  I was wondering if there is a setting in Registax that I am missing ?  Anybody any thoughts ?

The hard drive is a SSD, so this is not a bottle neck, loads of Ram, way more than is being used, just cannot figure it ?

Even with the low power usage, I can still stack 10,000 frames in 2-3 mins, so I am not to worried, just interested.

many thanks

Hi Anybody understand why Registax 6 is not using all the processing power available on my computer, I have an Intel Sandybridge i7 processor clocked at 4.5Ghz, when running Registax 6 aligning or stacking it only uses 5-6% of the available power ??, in most cases just 10-20% of 2 or 3 cores.  I have the CPU count set to 8 in the software, I have the priority set to high in the task manager and the Affinity is set for all 8 cores, but no luck.  Other programmes including scientific ones use all 8 cores and max the processor to 100%, so I know it is not a hardware issue.  I was wondering if there is a setting in Registax that I am missing ?  Anybody any thoughts ?

The hard drive is a SSD, so this is not a bottle neck, loads of Ram, way more than is being used, just cannot figure it ?

Even with the low power usage, I can still stack 10,000 frames in 2-3 mins, so I am not to worried, just interested.

many thanks

Also, just a thought, is it using the GPU?

Archived