NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Webcam astronomy with a 200p dob

Hi..looking for some help here...I took the lense off a Philips snc230 and put an adapter on it..put it in the barlow and nothing!..i pointed it at the moon which is really bright and nothing!..even using it in the house you get different shades of darkness or light darkness. what am I doing wrong..help please..... :huh:

Hi..looking for some help here...I took the lense off a Philips snc230 and put an adapter on it..put it in the barlow and nothing!..i pointed it at the moon which is really bright and nothing!..even using it in the house you get different shades of darkness or light darkness. what am I doing wrong..help please..... :huh:

If you took the lens off then to obtain an image you need to put another lens back in such as a telescope. A barlow is not an image forming lens.

A.G

If you were looking at the moon it may be the barlow? The camera itself will act like a high powered lense, so on the moon the barlow may have just increased magnification too much, quite inexperienced with all this myself! You will need to refocus as the camera won't achieve the same focus as your eyepiece did, you will also have to adjust your capture software settings to help define things a little better.

Have a practice with everything during the day, that way you can play around with the software etc and get a rough idea of how to get everything working together.

Archived