Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Skywatcher Esprit 120 and 80

I have, but most of what I have found is already dated (prior to 2013), as Skywatcher changed the Esprit line from quintuplets, which seems were problematic, to the new triplets. I have read several reviews in magazines and analyses from several countries, and all are extremely positive. However, there is nothing better than the experiences of long-term users. But I shall keep checking to see if other members are using these telescopes. Mine are already on their way, but until I get the mount, which will not be in until end of January, I will not be able to test the telescopes.

Go to the scopes/whole set up section and search Espirit 80. You should get three thread popping up. All are around Oct 2013 and I believe all are related to the Espirit triplet. At least one is for sure but im pretty positive all of them are.

Hmmm... I have just read the posts by several members, specially Gina, and I understand there were some troubles with the 80mm. I hope that I do not encounter such problems. I am a very patient person (that is why I became s university professor, LOL), but as I am new to AP this could be an almost unsurmountable problem for me. First I do not have the facilities to manufacture a spacer, nor is there anybody that I know locally. Perhaps contacting some company in the US. As I understand, this probably applies only to the 80mm due to its f length (I acquired a 120mm as well). The telescopes are almost here (tomorrow is the delivery date) but the mount is on back order due to Christmas (and then some people say that astronomers are just a few) as well as the camera and auto guider, so I shall not be able to check everything until probably the first two weeks of February. This is making me nervous. I hope everything comes out well.

Archived