NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Astro prices.

rory

I recently heard that bobs knobs type screws are available via a astro retailer here in blighty. I thought " great , about time you could get hold of these without having to pay through the nose via the states" although the service was good when I used bobs knobs USA .

Anyway I just come across these on the retailers web site and the price made my eyes pop.

I'm assuming they are being made locally by an engineering company ? Not just a bobs knobs outlet imported surely . Because that's the only way I'd have thought they can justify the price .

Yes I know you don't have to buy them , you have a choice ect ect . But I was just very surprised at the price.

I'm not naming the retailer or prices as I might be in contradiction of sgl coc.

I suspect they have to be imported Bob' Knob's otherwise there is a legal problem as they are not as advertised. They cannot be Bob's Knob's if made by Kevin in a workshop down the road.

As to cost I assume the prices advertised are for one item (?) in which case I tend to agree they seem costly. However the description says: Bobs Knobs Meade 16" 3 Screw Secondary Collimating Thumbscrews.

Which seems to imply 3 at the cost of £30 (more or less).

Will say that the description by the retailer is somewhat obscure whether the cost is for a set or an individual item. I would certianly check first what the situation is.

Yeah, well good 'ole Bob can thank me for his Knob business because he nicked the idea from me for the collimation knobs in the first place. Mind, I stopped making them in the end as it got to be tedious, but I was amazed how the business expanded.

The Original collimation knobs:

104-0472_IMG_zps9d4fd9d8.jpg

ChrisH

Archived