Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Olympus dps1 what not to do!

Russko13

Well I had an unfortunate accident over the weekend in which I dropped my 10x50's onto a concrete floor, drop was only a matter of 2 feet but they've packed it in, I'd forgotten all about the drop, had gone out later that night with the bins to find they now feel like your looking more through a kaleidoscope than a pair of binoculars! Needless to say they had perished and I logged into amazon to buy another pair, was thinkin about going straight for a bigger pair such as 20x80 but times are hard with Xmas coming

Up so I just settled for the same again as they were still on a bargain offer of £56

Suspect that was the better choice, 20x's will bounce a target all over the place. Been  there done that, then admitted defeat and gone back to 8x's. :rolleyes:

If no glass bust then perhaps have a tinker and see if you can get inside up by the eye pieces as it may be the prism that has moved and so thrown everything all over the place. I see they are porro prism, so just the one, and if dropped I half suspect that thaat could be all.

I wouldn't have a clue what to do when it came to correcting prisms and lenses so I just bought a new pair soon as possible and I guess I've got some expensive spare caps LOL! I'm getting a horizon heavy duty tripod soon mind so wouldn't mind a pair of 25x100 as an addition to my 10x50 as I've been looking at scopes for a while but still can't seem to settle on what one to buy yet

Archived