Hi i have got a seben 700/76 telescope for my son.we set it up and it seems fine.its a clear night so we decided to have a look at the moon.we are both new to this but can anyone explain why we can find the moon in the small scope ontop but when we look through the eye piece on the side theres nothing...am using the 20mm like it said in my manual and i have even put that up to the sky and i can see the moon but as soon as i put it back into the telescope it goes dark and theres nothing to see.theres no cover over the lense as thats the first thing i checked and we have ajusted everything that can be but still nothing....please help i think i must of left something out somewhere but we dont know what

Did you align the finder scope (top one) with the main scope. Best to do in daylight - just focus the main scope dead center on a church spire or pylon tip over a mile away and then adjust the finder scope so the cross hairs are on the same object.

If you do it with the 10mm eyepiece in the main telescope you'll have enough accuracy to find most objects - certainly all the beginner ones. :)

Did you align the finder scope (top one) with the main scope. Best to do in daylight - just focus the main scope dead center on a church spire or pylon tip over a mile away and then adjust the finder scope so the cross hairs are on the same object.

If you do it with the 10mm eyepiece in the main telescope you'll have enough accuracy to find most objects - certainly all the beginner ones. :)

Must learn to type faster :smiley:

Archived