NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Where does a 2" LPS Filter fit?

I have just taken delivery of an IDAS D1 LPS 2" filter - lovely, hopefully it will help. However, where does it fit in my optical chain? I am using a Skywatcher 80ed scope, a Skywatcher focal reducer, a canon adapter and then a canon 60d. So my guess is that it screws onto the end of the focal reducer and the canon adapter screws on to it, like this:

post-29321-0-79670900-1387478858_thumb.j

Is this correct?

Thanks in advance.

Ok, I've done some more digging and it looks like that isn't right....

I think I need an adaptor to put on the front of the focal reducer that then 'pushes' into the adapter with two screws on the end of the focuser on the scope? This from FLO: http://www.firstlightoptics.com/adaptors/flo-adapter-for-skywatcher-focal-reducers.html

With the LPS filter in e front of the adapter?

Will that be right?

On most quality 2" adapters and extension tubes, the barrels are threaded internally to take the 2" filter range, so they can be accommodated into your system. Be careful that you do not over tighten or grip the filter to hard or this will distort the metal ring and cause it to stick. I you run into any problems, a light grip with a pair of those rubber faced cotton kitchen gloves normally does the trick :)

Archived