NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Multi imaging rig CCD synchronisation

jackrussell0232

Ladies, Gents,

For those of you planning or already using twin/triple/wasp imaging rigs, what program do you use to control and sync multiple imaging ccds?

If I wasn't 'dithering', I wouldn't care, but if I shift the mount a couple of pixels between each sub, I need to make sure all the cameras start and stop together.

I don't see this facility listed in Bisque's Camera Add On, or Maxim DL.

Have I missed something?

Any help appreciated.

Jack

I use a dual imaging rig (sometimes a triple!) but I don't dither so sync isn't an issue. I use a bad pixel map rather than dither despite using SD Mask for stacking.

How do you control two imaging cameras in Maxim DL Steve? Is it as simple as opening two Maxim windows, controlling the exposure on one of them and exposure plus guiding on the other?

Unfortunately, MaxIm DL doesn't support two imaging cameras, only one imaging camera and one guiding camera. I also cannot get it to run two instances at the same time so, I use Nebulosity or Starlight Xpress' simple capture software with the second imaging camera.

Archived