SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Two binoculars

gak8nxpsli

Hi, thats an interesting choice. I tried the 10x56 Savannah EDs and they were very good. Big, for roof prsims, but very nice to hold and use. Image very sharp and contrasty across at least 75% of field. Build quality solid and coatings looked excellent. Twist up click stop eyecups are a nice touch too. Finished up with the Williams Optics 10x50ED - but thats no bad reflection on the Barr & Strouds - I think the extra few mm of aperture makes a difference and I've no reason to think its not genuine. I'm fairly certain that the B&S 10x56ED are United Optics BW3s and have also been dressed up as Vortex Vultures and also Hawke Prostalks - woth looking at reviews.

I've not seen the Opticrons - but Opticron do have a good reputation. All binos do a review of the 10x42s here:

http://www.allbinos.com/146-binoculars_review-Opticron_Discovery_10x42_WP.html

and they seem OK. The crticism about the narrow field of view seems a bit harsh - the 10x50s have a 6.5 degree fov which seems good at least for astronomy.

Good luck with your choice.

Hi, thats an interesting choice. I tried the 10x56 Savannah EDs and they were very good. Big, for roof prsims, but very nice to hold and use. Image very sharp and contrasty across at least 75% of field. Build quality solid and coatings looked excellent. Twist up click stop eyecups are a nice touch too. Finished up with the Williams Optics 10x50ED - but thats no bad reflection on the Barr & Strouds - I think the extra few mm of aperture makes a difference and I've no reason to think its not genuine. I'm fairly certain that the B&S 10x56ED are United Optics BW3s and have also been dressed up as Vortex Vultures and also Hawke Prostalks - woth looking at reviews.

I've not seen the Opticrons - but Opticron do have a good reputation. All binos do a review of the 10x42s here:

http://www.allbinos.com/146-binoculars_review-Opticron_Discovery_10x42_WP.html

and they seem OK. The crticism about the narrow field of view seems a bit harsh - the 10x50s have a 6.5 degree fov which seems good at least for astronomy.

Good luck with your choice.

Hi Alfian. Thank you very much!

Archived