help noob, tips pls on starting out

It won't show in Liveview if your ISO is to low, failing that you need to get your alignment spot on.

You have quite a small FOV so pointing is critical, someone with a similar setup may give better help.

Agreed this can sometimes be a problem with live view you might have to fiddle with iso and shutter speeds to get the image to show assuming its in focus of course. In manual mode the camera has no F ratio information (mine defaults to 0) so i bought a chipped t ring adapter that allows me to dial in the telescope/lens F ratio making the live view image at a similar intensity to the final shot.

Thx peeps, yeah alien mine goes to 0 as well,I look into a chipped T, get more cash out lol

I got mine off e-bay a uk supplier if you get one make sure your camera is listed in the add there are also lots of variations some single F ratio some multiple and some programable depending on version number. I got mine about a year ago under the heading "EOS T adapter AF confirm" i would imagine things have moved on since then, you can also buy the chip on its own to fit to an existing adapter (it includes instructions and a mounting template).

Archived