Narrowband

Beehive cluster and Leo Triplet (an afterthought on a windy Saturday night)

GordonH

Hi All

I wasn't sure about posting these as they were taken as an afterthought on Saturday night which some of you remember was very windy.

The image of the beehive cluster was taken when the wind was at it's worst blowing occasional strong gusts which meant long exposures were a waste of time so I used 120x30 seconds to make up this image. The second was of the Leo Triplet which was started at about 5.30am, by this time the wind had dropped a bit so I decided to take a risk and do 30x3 minutes. By the time I finished it was already getting a bit too light to image hence the quality of the image.

The equipment was the same for both, Paramount ME unguided with a WO 66 sitting piggy back on the C14 (acting as a wind sock) camera was Starlight Xpress M8C unbinned (3.15 micron pixels - not the best match and not very sensitive)

I know they are not up to the standard of other images in this section but considering the conditions I'm reasonably satisfied.

Regards to all

Gordon

:D

post-13589-133877335622_thumb.jpg

post-13589-133877335646_thumb.jpg

Archived