Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

All new and awaiting the "Olympus 8x40 DPS I"

jimmyr

Hi guys Jim here in Dunstable Bedfordshire, i have been enjoying the site for a few days now decided it was time to say Hello, So A big hello from me (64yrs) and my four year old Grandson "Jay".

All new here and to Astronomy itself in fact

It is because of him that i am here on the forum, he is always asking things about the Moon, the stars well the skies, i have decided to get a cheapish Pair of Binoculers and have indeed gone with the "Olympus 8x40 DPS I", you see Floor space is something we don't have a lot of, i live in a small 2 bedroom flat with no garden, but do live very near to the Chiltern Hills, but most times the Olympus will be pointing out of the window through the glass, i wanted something that would give best bang for the Buck so to speak, be it Telescope or Binoculars, but in the end a Telescope was laid to rest.

I had an old pait of Binoculers which i let the grandson have, well he doesent take them from his neck lol and yes we can see the craters of the moon and such, his ones have the name "Lutiners Paris" on them, i used to use them on the River bank.

Anyway decided to take the plunge and buy myself a new pair and after reading some good reviews about the 8x40's have them arriving today and cant wait to give them a go.

Wemt into Lidle yesterda and they have "National Geographic Dobson 76/350" for under £40, thats half of Amazon Price, nearly took plunge but really dont have the room.

Anyway will let you know how i get on with the Olympus.
All the best
Jim

Thanks guys, think i may have jumped the gun a bit with these smaller Bino's, i went for the 8x40 because they had the promise of arrival next day lol, and the 10x50 was "Will be delivered when they are in".

Oh well, as Peter green said.

Jim

Archived