NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

M45 first try

HenryW

After my New adquisition, the SW 130PDS i gave it the first light today in a windy night. What can i do to improve the result? The goal was to put forward the nebula M45 is passing, BUT, noise is present, should i have taken more subs, darks or bias? I'm not entirely satisfied With the result.

Instruments: SW 130PDS and Canon EOS 550D on a EQ5 With Synscan

30 subs X 25 sek.
30 darks x25 sek, and 30 bias

Stacked in DSS and prosessed in PS

post-8905-0-03655400-1386375835_thumb.jp

Very nice image, crisp and clean and nice colour. Really dont think increasing the number of subs would help as a general rule i believe anymore than 20 or so starts to produce very diminished returns. However sub length would definitely improve things. Would of thought with some careful polar alignment you should be able to get longer subs than 25s. You may then also have to include flats but looking at your image you seems to have very little light pollution.

Thank you for advise, will try some longer subs and do better polar alignment, i Guess lack of proper PA is the reason for the half egged starshapes? And yes, light pollution is not present at this location, sometimes it is too dark while working With the set up, :laugh:

Rgds Henry

Archived