Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Oh! but for a mirror

Okeydokey

Currently building a dob, and my research has failed me.  I had no idea that a primary mirror without trimmings would be so expensive, it seems easily more expensive than buying the scope complete.  Having now investigated the concept of making my own... it seems beyond (the grinding and what not).

So, ready to change the specification of the dob, was hoping for something around the 6 inch mark, any ideas where I can get hold of a low cost mirror?

Many thanks

Currently building a dob, and my research has failed me.  I had no idea that a primary mirror without trimmings would be so expensive, it seems easily more expensive than buying the scope complete.  

Wouldn't surprise me in the least. The big manufacturers will have big bulk discounts available to them and people who sell mirrors alone may well target people who want something better. Between those two effects it's not difficult to believe that a mass produced budget complete scope would be cheaper than a well produced small production run mirror bought by an individual.

Archived