NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

IC 405 Flaming nebula in progress

Hi All, 

a quick in progress IC 405 in Ha, currently 3hrs worth of 600s subs using a Altair Astro 102 wave refractor. Imaged from my back garden in south london.

does this look ok?, a bit noisy maybe, but it also seems a little faint for around 3 hours worth of data??

comments always welcome.

thanks

russ

post-30982-0-10682900-1386001370_thumb.j

Absolutely gorgeous! What CCD did you use to capture this? Did you use darks or just a low camera temperature?

Have you tried stacking the 600 and 900s subs together? Would be interesting to see what it does to the noise.

/Patrik

post-30982-0-12802900-1386064205_thumb.jHi Guys, 

Sorry, yes, of course, the set up is as follows

NEQ6 mount, guided with a QHY5 and a ST80, main scope is the Altair 102 wave, using a 0.8 focal reducer at f5.6, imaged using an Atik 383L at -20 degC. 20 darks, 20 bias, and 20 flats, all combined in PI.

going to try to stack the two days together there is however a lot of rotation between the two images, due to the 'Lad'  taking too much interest in daddies telescope......

Hi Will,

Thanks, im just starting to get used to it, its been away for a while being repaired, superb customer service form Atik. the shutter had worked loose on the motor shaft.

anyway, both days combined and cropped due to the field rotation.

enjoy.......i know i do  :laugh:

http://www.astrobin.com/66702/

Russ

Your capture looks good to me and does, I think, have more to give in terms of local contrasts. These can be worked on to get more 'attitude' from the capture. I use Ps but I think that LHE and or multiscale processing in PI might be the thing.

Olly

Archived