Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

A nice starter pair of Bins

Morning all ,

A friend at work is looking for a starter telescope/binoculars for under £60 for his daughter to help her develop an interest in Stargazing.

I don't believe you can get a decent telescope that cheap.I have told him that the minimal he should spend on a telescope would be around £130 for the Skywatcher Heritage.

Is there a good pair of "Starter" binoculars for under £60?/What is the best power to go for?

Thanks, Perry.

If its just to gauge her interest you could do a lot worse than this: http://www.firstlightoptics.com/heritage/skywatcher-heritage-76-mini-dobsonian.html

Under budget, surprisingly capable going by the reviews and very portable.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

What you need to bear in mind about the Heritage 76 is that it has a spherical mirror, and a fast one at that.

For around budget you could get a Heritage 130P second hand.

What you need to bear in mind about the Heritage 76 is that it has a spherical mirror, and a fast one at that.

For around budget you could get a Heritage 130P second hand.

I see your point but the OP says a starter telescope, I don't think he's going to hear "Daddy, I can't split alpha Ursae Minoris, buy me a coma corrector please!" any time soon :)

Archived