SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

A general Eyepiece question

jgs001

Any small loss of light in a Barlow is made up for by the comfort of the larger eye lens and better eye relief of most longer eps. I designed my ep kit with the intention of using a Barlow as an integral part of the setup. I have a 24mm, 7.5mm, and a 4.3mm, which with a 2x Barlow give me most of the eps I could ever want. I am thinking of adding a 35 - 40 mm ep, but I haven't fully made up my mind about that.

Warthog,

Thanks, With the the Barlow I got from Starflyer and the ep's from Barkis I now have:

32mm, 20mm and 6.5mm plossl's and a x2 Tal barlow. I think this gives me quite a nice range in total from what I have read about others collections.

Warthog,

Thanks, With the the Barlow I got from Starflyer and the ep's from Barkis I now have:

32mm, 20mm and 6.5mm plossl's and a x2 Tal barlow. I think this gives me quite a nice range in total from what I have read about others collections.

I would call that a well-selected ep kit! :D

Archived