NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Backyard EOS - imaging sequence function?

Ok, so I will be using Backyard EOS in the near future with a new camera I got on the way...

So, I am wondering... does Backyard EOS have any function that allows you to set up an imaging sequence?

For example, I want to take: 100x 2 minute exposures, then 50x 5 minute exposures, then 25x 10 minute exposures... Is it possible to set up a sequence like that, or do I like have to physically intervene every time I want to change exposure time?

I am unable to find any Backyard EOS walkthroughs / tutorials or whatnot on YouTube, so I thought perhaps someone here got experience enough to give me an ansver. :)

Sincerely, Alveprinsen.

The old version allowed you to do that. I suspect the new one does too.

Get the trial version and have a play.

James

If only I had a compatible camera.. :p Still about two weeks before its ready, so I'm trying to increase my knowledge of the software beforehand. :D

If it was possible in older versions, its quite likely possible still. Thanks man. :)

I tried to find a screen shot on google but couldn't; there is a box (was a box) bottom right which had a number of options to selection how many subs you wanted at what duration etc; this was repeated ad infinitum.

If you have no luck here, drop me a message and i can put you in touch with someone i know who uses it:

http://www.eastmidlandsstargazers.org.uk/topic/6373-backyard-update/#entry72328

James

P.s. I might see if he can come here.

Hi James PM'd me about this. Yes it is possible in all versions of Backyard.

You can specify number of exposures, times, ISO's etc all in the box on the lower RHS of the screen.

Any problems, send me a PM

Cheers

Ron

Archived