NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

focuser upgrade for Celestron Omni XLT150 ?

It depends on your reason for replacing the focuser. If you add a motorised focuser it can help remove vibrations when focussing manually and allow remote PC focusing. Most focuser motors don't allow manual focusing though.

However, if you are seeking a finer focus, dual-speed, then check to see if you can just add the dual-focus part to your existing setup.

As I said it's really down to what you need to improve which will affect the responses we give. It would be very easy to suggest a Moonlite focuser if you have deep pockets!!

hmm - well motorised focussing would be nice I guess, but if that comes atr the expense of not being able to focus manually, then that's not what I would want.

I'm thinking more of the dual-speed manual focus really - it feels to me at the moment that the focussing is a little too coarse with only a very small movement between good and poor focus, plus when locking focus with the lock screw, that can disturb it slightly.  Are there bits and bobs I can add on to the existing then ?

Cheers

hmm - well motorised focussing would be nice I guess, but if that comes atr the expense of not being able to focus manually, then that's not what I would want.

I'm thinking more of the dual-speed manual focus really - it feels to me at the moment that the focussing is a little too coarse with only a very small movement between good and poor focus, plus when locking focus with the lock screw, that can disturb it slightly.  Are there bits and bobs I can add on to the existing then ?

Cheers

I've not upgraded a focuser on a reflector, though there may be straight swaps (especially if going from Skywatcher single to dual-speed) some need to have adaptors or new holes drilled.

The add-on I was thinking of was like this http://www.365astronomy.com/dual-speed-110-microfocus-upgrade-kit-for-skywatcher-crayford-focusers-p-2484.html

A chat with one of the main retailers such as FLO, RVO, 365 or Modern Astronomy - all of whom have been really helpful may get a simple/cheap solution for your needs.

Archived