NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Tilt Pan device from ADM.

ollypenrice

This is called the Max Guider HD from ADM, supplied by those good men and true at FLO. Their generous insulated packaging will be going in my roof to ward of the ravages of winter!

While this is presented as a guide scope adjuster, I suspect most of its buyers will have chosen it, as I did, to allow the precise alignment of two imaging scopes in a tandem arrangement.

tilt%20pan%202%20jjpg-M.jpg

tilt%20pan%201-M.jpg

This attaches to a Losmandy dovetail either piggybacked or side by side and clamps its scope with either a Vixen or Losmandy dovetail on top. It can allow the scope it carries to move side to side and up and down in a self evident manner and shows every sign of being up to the task. The ad on FLO's site shows it carrying an FSQ which is prescient because...

Bino%20Q%20lar-M.jpg

...that's the idea! An accurate scope aligner is needed and in its absence the setup above didn't work out. We (Tom and I) will wait for our EQ8 to arrive before bolting this lot together again. It was a bit much for the EM200. This will become our main 'in house' rig, extremely fast, and when it's free Tom and I will feed our demented mania for widefield mosaics.

Do I dare to try the piggyback configuration, which goes longer past the Meridian, or do I stick with side by side? Hmmm....

There are two smaller versions of the Max Guider should you be planning a dual rig with scopes less muscle bound than the FSQ106.

Olly

• 4 weeks later...

Archived