NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Success Baader Modified Canon 1000D and IT WORKS

Stevie P

Sorry for the boring topic, but I felt I had to tell someone that might have a modicum of interest, ( missis just said "O" ).

So decided to attempt the filter mod on my Canon 1000D, got all the bits together as advised by Mr G Honis, set two mornings aside one to strip the camera down, 24 hours for new filter to dry, and the other to "try" and put it all back together...

Well i am happy to report it all went back together surprisingly easily (I can say that now), when the big moment came to switch on I was relieved to see the "enter time and date" request.

I have attached a before and after shot, and I am amazed at how much difference it makes to the red in photos. Now we just need some clear skies so I can try it on something up there..

Should also mention by fitting the Baader replacement all feature of the camera still work, Auto-focus etc, just have to use the custom white balance feature to make daytime images look right..

post-28743-0-84838600-1385032898_thumb.j            After Mod

post-28743-0-53317900-1385032901_thumb.j            Before Mod

Good job Stevie. I never had the courage to do a mod, so I bought a pre modded cam.

You can get rid of all that nasty red if you switch to Mono. :smiley:

I took one using the white background and set CWB and I really cant see much if any difference to befor mod shot, I realise you have to do this for different lighting conditions but I can live with that..

post-28743-0-28034700-1385034377_thumb.j         After Mod with CWB

Archived