Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M33 showing the variable star varC

Astrogate

Hi Group

I used my VRC10" scope @ F3.8 and my MCX2 to capture i3 x 30 sec images using Miloslick for both the capturing and average stacking on the fly. I tweaked the histogram after setting the amp glow filter and video settings. The moon at 94% phase but was still far enough to allow me to use my Lumicon Deep Sky filter. The temperature tonight was with the wind chill 25F or -5C and the TEC was set to 8 AGC to 4. Andy in Georgia pointed out during last nights NSN broadcast that I was detecting the variable star varC in M33. This was new to me and very exciting to do something different. Thank you Andy!

M33 and the variable star varC

http://www.flickr.com/photos/47296963@N08/10965484894/in/photostream/

Clear skies to all!

Chris A

Astrogate

Sorry, forgot to put in my previous post (hit the enter key too fast..)

What are you using to reduce the RC down to F3.8? From the looks of the MC website the VRC is a clone of the Astro Tech / GSO RC scope - I know people use the Astro Physics CCDT67 on those scopes but that gets it down to F5.3.

Sorry, forgot to put in my previous post (hit the enter key too fast..)

What are you using to reduce the RC down to F3.8? From the looks of the MC website the VRC is a clone of the Astro Tech / GSO RC scope - I know people use the Astro Physics CCDT67 on those scopes but that gets it down to F5.3.

Paul, I was using a 2" RC .75x reducer and the outer portion of my MFR-5 with a 5 mm spacer in between the camera and MFR-5 outer section. Thank you for the kind words.

Cheers,

Chris

Archived