NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Help with adapters and mounts.

A friend of mine is a serious photography buff. We've been talking lately about combining his cameras and my telescope. His camera of choice is a Canon 600D. Is this camera even compatible with my 130? I've been looking all around for mounts and adapters but with my newbiness it's all greek to me. Also he lives 2 hours away so I would like to get a camera for myself that won't break the budget. I don't need to do anything fancy with it. Just some shots to share with friends of my views. A good starter camera. I was looking at a iOptron iE 1300. Anyone familiar with this camera? Or is there something I haven't seen yet that is similar in price but gives a bit more bang for the buck?

I would love to have a telescope shop around here. Poking around online has only found  Best Buy. Nearest real shop is in Milwaukee. About a 3 hour drive away. Even the nearest astronomy club is an hour and a half. But considering checking one out anyway.

I'm surprised no one has given you a decent answer.

Not sure if the SLT is any good with a DLSR, sometimes this type of scope has'nt got enough

inward travel on the focuser.

You could try afocal with an an eyepiece adapter for a point n shot type of camera.

http://www.firstlightoptics.com/adaptors/baader-microstage-clickstop-digital-camera-adapter.html

or

you could try eyepiece projection.......you will need an eyepiece that has a thread on top of it......

you can attach you dlsr to this with adapters and a T ring.

a Reverlation 40mm is one or something like a Baader Hyperion.

You will need a special M43 to T2 with the Baader the Revelation has a normal T thread.

Archived