Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Nice views of the moon

Kirscovitch

Itching to play outside, I set up in the backyard. Not the darkest conditions but with only one close streetlamp it wasn't too bad. All I intended to do was check out the moon for awhile and work on getting used to my new scope. Got the finder scope aligned. Not to sure if I like the red dot or not. I'll have to keep using it to tell for sure. Put in the 25mm EP and watched for about 30 min or so. Pretty bright tonight. It was pretty windy here and the scope kept shaking. Plus the cold and the wind started making my eyes water. It's amazing how even just looking at the moon up close and seeing the craters can make you feel so small. Can't wait for a night when I have more time to try to view some of the other planets.

I was just looking at the Moon too - it was about the only thing visible due to cloud cover. Its surface is kind of intresting, seas and craters would make good picture... if I only had a telescope :p.

I am happy anyway - just managed to see my first ever nebula - M42 - with my binos. It wasn't for long unfortunately - clouds came back and from the top floor in my house it doesn't look like there will be any improvement in conditions up there. Another thing - thanks to clouds, Moon took a shape of egg - almost perfect egg :D. I never noticed things like this before :D.

Cheers
Tom

Haven't tried for any Nebula's yet. Hopefully this weekend the weather will cooperate and I'll get some time off to really take her for a run. I'll try heading out to our hunting shack. Very dark with open fields and a large patch of sky to look at.

Archived