NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Skywatcher explorer

Hi all,

Another beginners question here which is better the explorer 130m (about £160) or the 130p (about £180)

Is it true the 130m has a spherical mirror?

I've already messed up once buying a ps1000 and don't want to do it again, Thanks for your help

Of those two, I'd also go for the 130p, but that's because I'm a fan of low power / wide field ( and that scope will go lower & wider ) and the shorter tube is easier to handle and transport.

A clubmate has the 130m with the 900mm focal length, and because it's a 'slower' system, the spherical mirror actually works well. I've viewed through it, and was surprised how good it was.

Hope you enjoy the 130p, perhaps come back and share with us how you get on.

Regards, Ed.

Hi Ed,

Thanks for your reply, after about a week reading and rereading reviews on both scopes I've decided on the 130m with motor. so hopefully it should be here in the next day or 2, so I'm sorry for the clouds!!

I'll hopefully have a review up in a few days. Next up is ordering a webcam to try imaging with.

Archived