Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

16" ODK first light by idiot

Kieran Rooney

I got the scope mounted and balanced. It took 46kg to balance the scope. A definite hint to Lucas at Mesu to supply an extension bar to the counterweight shaft. SInce I had a clear sky but the observatory is still in complete chaos I took a quick 20x30 second run of images on M33. The security light and laptop added a light gradient and only after I shut down I realised I had not checked the filter wheel was set on green while my face was set on red. At least it explained why focus was a problem apart from the fact that the robofocus microstep size is till calibrated for an sct which too coarse for a crayford.

10446657005_8a6a15bbb6.jpg

Filters aside that's still an awful lot of light/detail in very short order - bodes well once the weather clears.    It's certainly one killer scope on a great mount and I'm really looking forward to see it deliver!

Archived