Heritage 130p users - do you lube?

Just been out as there was a quick break in the clouds with my Heritage 130 mini dob and noticed that although extending the tubes is very smooth and easy at the start of an evening pushing it back down again after some observing is very tough, so tough that I was scared of breaking it. Could this be due to differential contraction in the different materials as the scope cools? would a bit of lube help? Thinking some kind of bike chain "dry" lube would be the least messy. Of course I could just pop the dust cap over the end of the tube and leave the thing extended till the next morning when it should be easy to slide shut.

• 3 weeks later...

I noticed that last night (only got it yesterday) but today when I was adjusting it in the living room where it was warm, that it was easy to slide in and out. So I would assume if you bring it in after a night observing and leave it extended overnight, you won't have a problem.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Archived