Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

QHY5-II Mono Guiding

Robny

Hi All

Well...I have finally taken delivery of my QHY5-II Mono which I will be using for guiding on PHD and my capture software is APT.  I have managed to get it all setup in the house and tested for operation following the instructions that came with the camera and all is well.  However, there seems to be little guidance (documentation with the camera) on what settings should be used as a ball park.

I'd appreciate any advice on where I should start:

Gain

Exposure

Gamma Brightness etc.

Just to get me going, then of course its a matter of trial and error I suppose

Equipment will be:

ST80

QHY5-II Mono

PHD

APT

Canon 1000D

If it makes any difference

Appreciate any advice

Many Thanks

Rob

Ive not changed any of the setting in PHD. Mine seems to work fine with the st80. A little trick I picked up off here is to have it slightly off focus (makes your star a little bigger). If you do have problems you could always try using the search option in the forum. I'm sure I've read a few topics on this subject where people have shown images of what settings they use. Good luck with the guiding.

Archived