Questions on the EQ6 Syntrek Mount

John

A couple of quick questions on the EQ6 Syntrek mount if I may :smiley:

Does this version of the EQ6 come with the dual Vixen / Losmandy saddle and the counterweight shaft extension as the current NEQ6 Pro Synscan does ?.

How many counterweights does the EQ6 Synstrek version come with as standard ?

Thanks  :smiley:

I've got the NEQ6 pro John & I'd assume this would be the same for the syntrek but mine came with the dual saddle & it came with two counterweights. I've looked around some pictures from various dealers & even the pro mounts pictured are just showing the vixen mount.

Thanks Simon and tich  :smiley:

I'm getting quite tempted by one of these as a mount for my whopping refractor. I know you can buy a used NEQ6 Pro for less than the Syntrek costs new but I really don't want or need GOTO and I like the simple way the Syntrek version of the EQ6 seems to operate.

I know the legs can extend a fair bit on the NEQ6, but whether they will go high enough for the monster refractor or not is another issue so I'm not sure if you would need an extension for the mount.

I know the legs can extend a fair bit on the NEQ6, but whether they will go high enough for the monster refractor or not is another issue so I'm not sure if you would need an extension for the mount.

I may well need the extension tich. I might even get a taller, wooden tripod or even a tall pillar in due course.

Archived