NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Bino attachments?

dezzie

Anyone tried fitting any guiders etc, to their binos particularly the large binos with the centre rail?  I was thinking of telrads etc or even one of those celestron skyguide planetarium gadgets to my binos somehow,  Theres a guy building me a "P" mount at the local astronomy club and its pretty sweet but to add to the experience as I am still learning my way round the sky I think something like this would be beneficial, its a matter of how folk have fitted stuff to the rail that has me confused,  I have seen plastic clips from plumbers shops they use for pipes that's a similar diameter to the central rail of the binos and a pic of a lazer pointer mounted this way but ts a poor tiny pic so I cant really make out how its fitted? Any ideas or pics would help!

I have a Rigel Quikfinder on my big binocular (essential, since it has 45o eyepieces). I am right-eye dominant, so I have fixed it to the left tube, so that I do not accidentally breathe on the eyepieces while using it. (It comes with a couple of bases and "chewing-gum to expensive cashmere" quality adhesive tape.)

Archived