Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M101 LRGB

rfdesigner

Hi..

it's been far too long, and this isn't new date per-se, I took the luminance about 18 months ago and the RGB early this year, I've finally had the time and energy to glue it all together.

As always with these things I need a LOT more data.

~3hours L 1x1, 10x100s R G & B 3x3

Imaged with the 12" newt

Camera: 383L+

Processed 100% in IRIS.

key processing improvement over the past is much better handling of HSI<->RGB conversions and when to switch and how.. this has kept all my star colours and other details despite woeful colour data.

anyway, thanks for looking, comments or suggestions for improvement welcome.

Derek

post-8988-0-26003900-1380199633_thumb.jp

Ohh..   nicely spotted.  The L data had no coma corrector.  I now have a Baader MkIII and Yes I was fighting dewing, although I thought the bad frames had been thrown away..  that's something to be resolved soonish.  Focus does shift so needs checking every hour or so, but wasn't the main killer.. also the tracking isn't 100%..  90% maybe, but not 100%, needs the worm re-lapping to sort out..  and I won't be doing that until the obsy is up and running (to keep things clean after lapping)

Derek

Right  I've had another go at the old luminance image got the sharpening a little cleaner, and done my best to correct the colour balance which was a touch red.

I think this is a little better.

post-8988-0-33423100-1380226943_thumb.jp

Archived