Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

My latest Dumbbell.

DaveGarland

As said this is my latest effort. On the whole I'm fairly pleased. My tripod is only an unguided EQ5 syncscan and the light pollution in Bristol is a problem so I'm quite limited in my expectations. I'm not aiming to ever get as good as some of the big boys on this forum, just having some fun and seeing what I can do.

Anyhow this is about 30 mins stacked from 90 second lights and 10 darks. I used a gradient removal tool in IRIS for the first time and did a bit of tweaking with Paint Shop Pro 5. Anyway, no matter how much I tried I couldn't really bring out the reds that I wanted in the nebula. Is this because my un-modded DSLR won't pick it up. To be honest I know I've turned up the colour too much but I just want to see some red.

Any thoughts?

Posted Image

Hmmm, I turned down the blue and got this.

Posted Image

Too green. So I turned down the green and got this.

Posted Image

Now the stars are too red. But not enough red in the neb. And if I turn the red down I just get a dull version of the original lol. Surely it's to do with the DSLR. Maybe I'll get it modded and buy a new camera for family stuff.

Archived