NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Slow Motion Controls on EQ2 Mount

So i tried my hand with my new Sky Watcher reflector a few days ago and I was surprised that when i started using the slow motion controls, one of them stopped turning as if it had reached its limit. i guess i was under the impression that the slow motion controls didnt have a limit and could turn the telescope 360 degrees. Was this assumption correct or did I possibly not setup the mount properly?

Hawkian.... Hi, If its any consolation, on my Celestron 127EQ (that Ive had for a Month) the Right ascension will rotate all the way around its polar axis, but the declination slow control (left/right movement of the scope) stops after about 15 degrees of travel left or right of centre.

This is my problem with the EQ mount, after a polar alignment, you have to unlock everything to re-position the OTA(Optical tube Assembly) to a new target, then often rotate the Tube to get the focuser at eye level again, re-lock it all again, before unlocking for the next target. No fun for me, so I ordered a new scope. I Dont have those problems now with the Dobsonian?

Archived