Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Quite a good sky here last night

Scooot

I was keeping a close eye on the conditions last night. For most of the evening it was cloudy with patchy intervals but the sky looked quite good in the clear bits. About 10.30 it cleared completely for about an hour or so I took advantage, I'd left my scope in the garage so it was already cooled.

As the Nagler is still quite new i was keen to use it in what seemed a very good sky after the rain. I settled on andromeda and for the first time managed to pick out all three galaxies in the same FOV. I can usually see m33 & m32 quite easily but m110 is usually illusive in my back garden. I even began to imagine I could see a little bit of the surrounding gas clouds as opposed to just the core of m31.

So feeling good about that I had a go at m33 which I've never seen from here. I do think i might have seen it after staring at it for some time. It was very faint but something seemed to be there. However I don't think it was clear enough to count if I was ticking off the Messier's

I had a good look around at a various other objects so it was one of those evenings I came in feeling really good.

Similar conditions here last night Richard but sadly I didn't take advantage. Something I regret given I thought at the time the sky looked very transparent after the rain and various reports today on SGL that seem to confirm some good viewing...

Nice one regarding M110, it's a fine view with all three objects in the same view isn't it!

Must admit I've not tried M33 yet, though I've read its low surface brightness presents a challenge. Will try in the next week or so.

1378834863' post='2039251']

Nice one regarding M110, it's a fine view with all three objects in the same view isn't it

Yes it certainly is Gav. I had a look at m45 with it and it frames most of that nicely as well. When i'm out It's currently a bit too low so the contrast is bad, but I'm looking forward to looking at it later in the year.

Archived