NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Mini Tower Pro

johnno

Hi, has anyone got a mini tower pro? what I want to know what does it say on the side of the mount, i.e mini tower pro or mini tower II..

I heard that they are both the same mount and its just the tri pod that's the difference. but just wondering if you bought the pro kit does it actually say pro on the side. cheers

The Pro supports 33 lbs the II supports 25lbs so a different mount also £250 difference in cost.

The iOptron site data indicates that the 2 are closer on payload however, the figures above come from Altair.

Cannot read wht the picture of the Pro says on the side, they say click to enlarge but what appears is the same size and it just cannot be made out. The picture of the II doesn't show the side.

Look pretty close in specification, you would need to compare line by line the features on the iOptron site, but there doen't seem to be a lot of difference.

cheers ronin, I've found a photo and it does say Pro on the side. Its just when I went to look at one he said it was a pro but on the side it said '' mini tower II '' but it did have a pro tripod also on the Ioptron website it says the Pro has improved encoders.

Hi Johnno

The guys on the Yahoo iOptron group confirmed that the Pro and the II are the same mount mechanically - the Pro comes with a Losmandy dovetail adapter as standard and a stronger tripod - this is what makes the difference in payload. The gears, motors, software and electronics are identical.

HTH

Paul

Hi Johnno

The guys on the Yahoo iOptron group confirmed that the Pro and the II are the same mount mechanically - the Pro comes with a Losmandy dovetail adapter as standard and a stronger tripod - this is what makes the difference in payload. The gears, motors, software and electronics are identical.

HTH

Paul

Archived