Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

South Wales Star Party October W/C 30th September 2013

Mr Flibble

The location is at Pencelli Castle Caravan and Camping Park. Its nestled in the northern area if the Brecon Beacons National Park and offers some truly dark skies. A site map of the park can be found at the bottom of the homepage.

Pitches and hardstandingss can be booked in the The Oaks area. This is where EHUs are available along with the least obstructed views of the night sky, but it is relatively small so places are limited.

Tents can also be pitched in The Meadow area if the The Oaks gets full. It offers excellent views but no EHUs or hardstandings are available here.

Bookings are to be made directly by yourself with the campsite.

The main nights will be thursday 3rd, friday 4th and saturday 5th october but people are welcome to arrive when they desire.

This is the second year that we've been running this event and its very informal and friendly. The night skies are excellent here and are wonderfull to observe and image under when they are clear but bear in mind, as some of us found out last year, its wise to bring along a good set of waterproofs and wellies just in case :p

If anyone has any queries please don't hesitate to ask, or feel free to send me a PM. More info can also be found in this thread.

It would also be helpful if I can be informed of any bookings made so that I can keep track of numbers going, etc.

Looking forward to seeing you.

Archived