Adding an attachment to a PM

Hi All

Is there a way of adding an attachment (ie a pic) to a reply to a personal conversation on SGL?

There doesn't seem to be an 'attach button' like on a normal post and clicking on 'my media' just seems to open up pics already sent.

Thanks

Tom

Asked this in the Suggestions sections (private) about 18 months back, seems there is not.

Would be useful for small files but I suppose if people started sending large files then things get bad. It is not set up as an email server, and I could see things getting out of hand. One post in the The Lounge has several video links, if instead people started sending video files round they are big and would slow things down.

Can see both sides and as said useful for small files but the definition of small is now huge compared to 2 or 3 years ago.

If the person you want to PM is OK with sending you an email that is way around it.

Thanks for the replies

Ronin: Yes looks like you are right ...maybe an idea to limit it to just a few K though would be good ..just wanted to send a small jpeg

White Dwarf : Looked at your large 2.5mb bmp (best to post screen grabs in smaller jpegs...pix resizer is great for reducing pic file size) :grin: ....that is just posting a normal post...like I say I know how to attach a file when doing this....it's when replying to a personal message that there is no attach file facility.

Roger: Tried that and the attach file box still doesn't appear.

Tom

Archived