NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

NGC 281 428EX OSC

lensman57

Hi,

Here is an image of the NGC 281 , Pacman Nebula. A stack of 21 subs of 600s each. SW ED 80 @f6.4, Atik 428EX OSC , darks, flats bias. processed in PI, StarTools and PS. Very poor transparency and humidity. Baader UHC S L booster filter. To be honest the fainter parts need a lot more data or a site with much better transparency than my back garden but we do with what we have.

A.G

post-28808-0-62214600-1378299292_thumb.p

Looks OK if you ask me, but seems like you'll need tons more data to lower the noise here. Haven't tried this target myself yet, but had no idea it was that faint so that it would still be that noisy with 3,5H data at f/6.4 with a CCD? Don't think i'll botehr with an unmodded dslr then.. ^^;

Looks OK if you ask me, but seems like you'll need tons more data to lower the noise here. Haven't tried this target myself yet, but had no idea it was that faint so that it would still be that noisy with 3,5H data at f/6.4 with a CCD? Don't think i'll botehr with an unmodded dslr then.. ^^;

Hi Jannis,

Most of the noise is actually due to the humidity in the air and poor imaging conditions, usually here in the NW of the UK we get a sort of ia short indian summer in September and once the air cools at night all the moisture in the air just falls on to the surrondings, when I packed my set up it was almost wet. I will tackle this one with my mono ccd and NB filters, perhaps with better results.

Many thanks and regards,

A.G

Archived