NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Do you look for lunar impacts using video?

michaelmorris

I've just taken delivery of a nice new Watec 902h2 Ultimate camera which I intend to hook up to one of my scopes for lunar impact studies during favourable meteor show peaks. I'm looking for a potential 'observing buddy' at least 30km from me in Worcester who also uses low light video cameras in an attempt to record lunar impacts, so that we can compare observations and help identify what is a real impact and what is just a cosmic ray hit.

If you're interested you can contact me

Thanks

Hi Micheal, I have started doing lunar impact observing with my Watec 120N+, I am near to London so I am a fair distance away.

I was alerted to possible impacts during the Arietids so I did some monitoring on 2013 May 15th with no results, but coincidentally two days later NASA recorded a bright impact

on the moon, details here http://science.nasa....ay_lunarimpact/.

If only I was observing then!

I shall be looking for more monitoring opportunities now that the nights are getting longer.

Archived