First imaging attempt - Ring Nebula

Stevp

Hi All,

I had my first proper go at imaging anything outside the solar system last night, I'd like to share my first attempt at M57.

This is a single frame, taken with Canon eos 600D on a 6in Reflector (Explorer 150, eq3-2 on the alu tripod)

Only modest kit but I was stunned with what I captured.

I can't wait to try again with a bit more care and atention along the way!

Cheers

Stevp

Did you steal my pic, bro??? lol

This was my attempt from two weekends ago. Images were captured w/ 10", Canon 60D, 10 seconds of 51 lights, 20 darks/bias, 15 flats (captured days later). Our orientation is similar so - something I didn't realize until looking through Astrobin for comparisons - check your lights for a galaxy just up and to the right (3 o'clock position) of the nebula. I barely caught it but not sure I'll be able to pull it out much. Not sure it'd come out in one pic. I think the color that came out on yours is pretty good. How long was your exposure (don't think I saw it)?

Mine is seriously cropped as I did not have a coma corrector at the time (I have a f/3.9 Newt).

Good job!

IMG_490979960496569.jpeg

Archived