NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Going out tonight

jonathan

It's been quite a while, this will be my first time out with a telescope for a couple of months at least. I'll have to try to remember how it all works...

Taking it steady, just the CG-4 and 150P tonight, try and bag some nice clusters and maybe a double if I can find it. Of course, Andromeda is up too, not sure I will find any planets though, are there any easy ones around before midnight?

I actually noticed the moon is perfect for doing most of the Moore Moon Marathon, so that's exactly what I did. Just a few items I couldn't get because of the current phase, but a very enjoyable evening. I'm going back out now that the moon is setting, maybe get a few clusters or something (easy stuff).

Saw a few clusters, M37 or something like that, down from Cassiopia. Andromeda Galaxy too, the some random sweeps of the Milky Way before my fingers started to get stiff with the surprisingly cool air. The moon was taking too long to set so decided to call it a night. A tiny bit of dew formed around eleven but I think it had passed by midnight, nothing on the optics. A good night for me! Ouch my back.

There was some cloud coming and going, got a great view of the low (yellowing) moon through some dark cloud, very atmospheric.

Archived