NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Next purchase ASI120MM or Neximage 5?

WayBig

OK I've not been getting much star gazing time recently, and as nights are drawing in I thought that to get my astro-mojo back I need to splash some cash on a new planetary cam.

And havent things moved on nicely since I got my SPC900.

I logged on thinking about a DMK, but am seeing some great images from you guys using the ASI120MM...and the price is much less than a DMK. Then I read somewhere on here that the neximage 5 has a slightly better chip. Fantastic.

So which is it to be as an upgrade to my SPC900....The ZWO or the celestron? Answers on a postcard please.....

I've just ordered an ASI120mm. I was looking at getting a sony ccd chipped camera but looking at the results from the ASI and the price and the fact it has an st4 port I couldn't not get one.

I've never used a DMK, but I can say I'm very impressed with the ASI120mm. It's very low light sensitive. One drawback is that the software I use with the ASI (Fire Capture/Sharpcap) have freezing issues with windows 8, but it is managable with a little patience.

Of course I meant the colour ASI120MC colour camera.

Is anyone here using the neximage 5? Reviews on amazon complain about the number of dead pixels, but offer little about the performance of them

thanks

Archived