Managed a Persied last night err oh no it was this morning

I was out last night at the Rollright Stones with the Chipping Norton astro group with around 30 people at one point. The young girl who was on the last Sky at Night programme and her sister were there and they got to a count of over 100 before they gave up counting. A real party atmosphere was created with so many people, many of whom had just turned up who were not part of the group but were made very welcome.

I was actually trying to get a series of frames of the milky way to stitch together and was doing the last frame when the crowd all oohed and aahed and I thought that must have gone right through the middle of the frame. :grin:

The result is 3 frames of 30 seconds at iso 1600 with an 18-135 zoom fitted with a .45 wide angle cheap Chinese adapter.

https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing

post-17671-0-99367000-1376391391.jpg

It was a brilliant evening Steve, I've never seen so many meteors in one night but you missed the best bit, it wasn't all the oohes and aahes as meteors ripped across the sky it was the tirade of words you uttered when your chair collapsed not once but twice :grin:

Worth getting back home at 3:45am

Mel

Archived