NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

I had tried to image M27 on a couple of previous occasions but hadn't produced anything satisfactory. I hadn't worked out how to remove some of the effects of light pollution so I had kept the exposures too short to capture any of the structure of the object.

I think this was my third attempt at M27 and have now got an image that I'm reasonably pleased with, although I'm sure there is still a lot of room for improvement. Any feedback will be gratefully received!

post-31426-0-90751100-1376213589_thumb.j

I take it you are not guiding, due to the short exposures ?

I've tried pulling out some more colour in photoshop but it appears there is not a lot of data to stretch it without bring out a lot of the light pollution in the background - maybe someone with better imaging experience might be able to tweak the images a tad, but on the whole I would be pleased with what you got

Got a good amount of data there, the colors are a bit off, probably need to tweak that abit to tease out the more natural ones. Might have a go at manually subtracting that red gradient also. I would love to see an uncompressed picture as the JPG-version you've attatched is heavily compressed. Also bonus points for the 150PDS :)

I take it you are not guiding, due to the short exposures ?

I've tried pulling out some more colour in photoshop but it appears there is not a lot of data to stretch it without bring out a lot of the light pollution in the background - maybe someone with better imaging experience might be able to tweak the images a tad, but on the whole I would be pleased with what you got

No, I'm not guiding. I've only just started imaging so I'm tackling one aspect of this dark art at a time!

No doubt I will be looking at guiding sooner or later.

Archived