Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Failed Perseid attempt...

Since the weather forecast for the upcoming peak of the Perseids doesn't look good, I decided to make a desperate attempt last night instead. Rigged the DSLR on a tripod, set it to shoot continously (30 sec exposures) while I looked for meteors (saw 8 very nice ones) as well as looking through my scope (bagged three more Messiers). After about three hours, the clouds came rolling in and put an end to this attempt. Ended up with 342 frames but sadly no Perseids, just lots of satellites and aircraft. What a waste. But instead of just deleting all the images, I thought I'd try to make a little time lapse video with the material I had. So here it is, my first astro time lapse video attempt. Not great but it's a start. Oh and beware if the "ghost"! :evil:

Not a complete fail i'd say, it's a nice timelapse. :)

I thought io saw a couppel there though, but maybe it was just satelites and planes, like you said.

What shutter, ISO and aperture did you use, btw?

The ones in the video did't go in the right direction, from the Perseids radiant that is. Compared the footage to the meteors that I DID see.

The camera was set to ISO 400, 30 sec exposure at f 2.8. I,ll go abit higher on the ISO next time though, 800 or so. Hopefully tonight if the sky clears up.

Archived