Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

$100-300 telescope

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember someone telling me in another thread that the h130p is sold by another company there without the heritage text design on the tube, but I forgot who it was.

It was the Bushnell Ares 5, I think. But I think that they don't do it anymore, if I remember correctly.

I'll second the 130p Heritage. Bought it for my brother and he's caught the bug.

I went for a 127 Maksutov first. Great magnification. I will never forget the night when I showed my dad Saturn's rings and he was awestruck! The upside with the Mak is, no collimation... (Not difficult, but needs reading up and getting into)

The question will be, which mount. I'd go for any motorised version that can carry the scope you choose. This way you can find smth and then show it to someone else while the motor keeps things centred (ish) in your EP.

Archived