NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Right now I have a Celestron Powerseeker 127EQ. I only have to standard eye pieces that come with the scope. They are fair at best. I have seen Jupiter and its four moons. I could make out the color bands of its atmosphere but it was difficult. My question is would it be worth it to spend the money on some better eye pieces or just save and up grade the scope totally. Now the scope upgrade i had in mind would be a Nex Star 6SE. Has anyone had success with the 6SE?? Pro and Cons??

I guess its kinda of no brainer but I figured I would ask anyway....

Brian

Given that the 127EQ has an OTA 500mm long and a focal length of twice that I'm assuming that Celestron are fiddling with the optics somehow, perhaps by having some sort of barlow built into the focuser tube? If so, the primary mirror might perhaps have a focal ratio of something like f/4 at best. I'd expect the C6 to be considerably better than that and to produce a better quality image, though it's not the ideal for viewing DSOs.

James

Archived