Talking TV,ordered Luminos

jetstream

After last nites session,I ordered a Celestron Luminos 7mm for my refractor,the 10mm Luminos worked extremely well,but I needed a little darker background-so in came the Delos-fantastic.However I found searching these bright skies-I could have read a book out there -literally-I needed more magnification to search for DSO.I found searching with my 8mm Delos with a TFOV of .9 deg kind of hard,so I used the 10mm at 1.5 deg,much better...so the 7mm Luminos has a listed field stop diameter of 15mm giving a nice 1.36 deg TFOV and an exit pupil of 1mm. This is my train of thought,high-med mag SEARCHING eyepiece,for when the sky is lit right up.To come close to this field stop dia.,the only one close was the Ethos and it`s still smaller( and 6 times the money).Hopefully I get another good Luminos,the first one is great.I was able to find a couple brighter galaxies doing this,finding M94 with the moon so bright & high&nearby made me happy.

I ordered the 7mm Luminos from Amazon,$120.00 FREE 2 day shipping-good deal as far as I`m concerned.

PS- the 13mm ETHOS is next....

Hi Gerry, I think you have made a great choice there, superb ep, I have the earlier incarnation (Axiom LX) and it is great. I think it will serve your needs well, let us know how you find it.

Archived