Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Decade old Sigma lens on a Minolts (Made in japan)

MooMoo

Hi,

I found an old Minolta 505 si Super 35mm film camera and it has a Sigma 58mm diameter 28mm - 105mm lens 1:4-5.6 UC-II and Made in Japan (which sounds good glass :) )

I am thinking of trying it on a Canon 1100d with adapter if I can get one, anybody know anything about this lens?

Thanks in advance.

Know nothing of the lens , but you will probably have trouble focusing at infinity when using it with an adapter , would be wise to check before purchase as it will rule out Astro-work.

Would be good to get any use out of it if it has good glass for even daytime use.

Seems its the Minolta A mount and a leaver on the lens mounting side to control aperture iris, Sony bought Minolta and it's the same mount as on the Sony A mounts I believe.

There are converters for pre-AF minolta Lenses but none comercially for the A lens mounts, unless there is one for the Sony A mounts which is the same.

I've got a sigma 28-200 sony alfa mount and just got it working on panasonic micro 4/3 camera.The adapter was a cheapo chinese one and it would not quite focus to infinity, so stripped it down and attacked it with some wet and dry and now i can get focus.

Comparison against my old minolta 500si. The panasonic wins hands down, nice sharp photo.Im surprised how its turned out. The only set back is that's there's no stabiliser as now it becomes 56-400

Not tried it at the night skies only finished it this afternoon. john

Ive got a sigma 28-200 sony alfa mount and just got it working on panasonic micro 4/3 camera.The adapter was a cheapo chinese one and it would not quite focus to infinity, so stripped it down and attacked it with some wet and dry and now i can get focus.

Comparison against my old minolta 500si. The panasonic wins hands down, nice sharp photo.Im surprised how its turned out. The only set back is that's there's no stabalizer

Archived